True metal NMM WIP

I'm not good at NMM. It may sound like an excuse but I'm not totally sold on NMM. To me it is a superb form of showcasing your skills and controlling everything that is going on: shining, shadows... it may be the best technique for magazine, box art or Instagram painters.

Anyways. I tried NMM with true metals. At first it looked kinda good but found gaps here and there so I decided to slap an oil wash which kind of destroyed the subtle effects in the mid tones. I tried to bring them back tho: metallic blue, metallic purple, purple ink and green/sienna glaces. Not really sky earth Non Metallic metal but true metal with powerfully dark matt shadows and color reflections.

It's really hard to see, even in macro (worthless you may say) but hey. I like where this is going.

Still WIP, I'm not sure what to do with It's base. Other than that and tweaking the metals it only needs the red glowing eye and gems. I might give red lights to every hole I found, not only belt buckle,  eye, forehead and hand bead, but these holes in the legs and shoulders too, weapon included.

IIII

No se me da bien el NMM. Tampoco es que lo haya intentado en serio... pero es que no me llama, manque suene a excusa. Es como muy de Instagram.

He intentado un metal no metálico (técnica) pero con colores metálicos, tirando mucha sombra mate y tonos medios (entre la sombra y la base o la base y la luz) de verde, marrón, azul y morado para intensificar el efecto de superficie reflectante.

Que lo haya conseguido, es harina de otro costal, ya que lo veía poco acabado y apliqué óleos para perfilar (tapando en parte todo el trabajo). A óleo pasao' he intentado recuperar esos tonos medios y como es aún un WIP seguiré con ello hasta que me aburra.

Con la base no se que hacer, en verdad. Quitados retoques sólo queda las gemas rojas y rojos esos boquetes/arma que van a brillar (todos) en rojo. Aunque en algunos tebeos de Cyborg la del cinto la tiene verde o azul...

8 comentarios:

  1. Lovely work on the metals!

    Its amazing how well the pre-painted plastics can turn out with a fresh coat of paint!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Yay I'll take that as a compliment! BTW noticed not long ago you are taking commissions. Dang. I swear If I ever happen to cast figures I'd ask you for some art ^^ still have to read your "using mtg for worldbuilding" tho

      Eliminar
  2. You are not good at NMM?? The most sincere way of complimenting is insulting you!! Vete a la mierda, cabrón! (Yup, in Spanish sounds even worse) XD
    No, seriously, I'm shocked, I think it's truly awesome, man.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Pedirse un café en alemán suena más duro que el peor de los insultos en castellano. 😁

    Pues veo que no voy por mal camino pero tampoco está correcto. Lo iré retocando hasta estar satisfecho. Lo que si me parece un golazo es tratar de seguir la fórmula del nmm pero usando metálicos; lo mejor de ambos mundos.

    Gracias por la inmerecida adulación, zánganos!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Yo paso de los MNM. Me da una pereza increíble. Y más con la de metálicos molones que hay, tipo GreenStuff. Muy chulo tu Cyborg

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Bueno, son una sacada de po...

      ...ya sabes. Además parte de la historia de las miniaturas (Rackham).

      Pensaba que el escudo de tu capi era NMM😅

      Eliminar
    2. Es Non Metal Metallic with Metallic. NMMM

      Eliminar
    3. Emanems? Suena delicioso. 😋

      Eliminar