Necrotyrant | Painting considerations while sculpting


So the guy is almost done now. In the 90s I came to read a Tim Prow interview where he said he left blank plates and surfaces not by laziness but to allow painters add their own stuff.

That's somehow happening to me. That guy will most likely be pale green skinned, rotten flesh or so with leather pants/boots AND blueish metal (Paul Bonner / Horley style) for the gun, boot tip etc.

Then I picture myself painting lots of metal on the right side of the mini (boot, weapon) and none on the bone blade side. I think this MIGHT bother my future me so:

Should I add a metallic shoulderpad on his bone blade arm just for color composition harmony?

That may kill the savage IDC look.

I am also considering adding chain belt to his pants to break up textures.

In the same fashion may add rags or bandages on his pistol handing waist.

I would love to know your thoughts on that subject. 

||||

Esto está casi ya. El caso es que tengo en mente a mi yo del futuro pintando y meh.

La carne será verde pálido y la pistola, puntera de bota... metálico azulado. Y la cuestión es que veo mucho metálico en la parte derecha de la miniatura y nada en la izquierda.

Se antoja poco armonioso.

No se si añadir una hombreras metálica al brazo del pincho para que a la hora de pintar haya una rotura de color ahí.

Me preocupa perder el look salvaje y de me la pela todo que tiene el necromuyayo. 

En la misma linea de pensamiento, podría añadir un cinturón de cadena o vendajes en el brazo donde irá la pistola, para añadir "chicha" que pintar y no sea todo la misma superficie.

Me interesa bastante tu opinión (si a esto, no a aquello)... no se si esta mierda me la planteo yo solo o cuando pintas se nota que el escultor piensa en esas cosas.

8 comentarios:

  1. Cinturón de cadena y vendajes en el brazo, las dos cosas

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Oh! Sin hombrera solo en un brazo? 🤔

      Tomo nota, también creo que son dos cosas casi obligatorias si vives en una cloaca protofecal de necromunda.

      Estoy muy MUY tentado a usar una cadenita "real" estilo bisutería en lugar de modelarla yo, lo cual ofende al masoquista que llevo dentro.

      A ver por donde tiro.

      Mucha grasa hombre!

      Eliminar
  2. Sin hombreras. Y yo había pensado que te referías a una cadenita real, tipo a las que les ponen a Marines enmasillados

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I would definitely add a bit more detail... like the chain. This is *your* figure only, after all, no need to keep it too generic at the sculpt level. The shoulder pad could be good too, but as is he still looks pretty menacing.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thanks. It's kind of information economy: they are toon-like figs so I guess ideas are to be spread between different figures instead of overdoing 1.

      The gun and the chain may wrap it up.

      To be honest... in recent years I've come to love generic looking Sci-Fi. I find...annoying people trying to be so unique but in the end everything is starwars, (insert IP here) etc. or rip offs and wannabes.

      Sometimes Vanilla feels right and legit into my eyes.

      Pointless ramblings I guess.😄 gathering info and different resins/silicones ATM hope I will came with something finished soon...

      Eliminar
    2. You're not wrong. A lot of things end up looking like other things... not necessarily because people are "ripping each other off", but simply because nobody grew up living in a cave not seeing these things, and it's really really hard to be totally original.

      Eliminar
    3. I've learned to stop worrying about originality. Nothing I ever do will be "original". We're all building on the people before us, as they built on the people before them.

      More generic models encourage world-building on the part of the painter. That's often what I end up doing for my figures especially if they don't already have "fluff" associated with them.

      Eliminar