Deadly Premonition and the stardust topping.




This is a message... And a warning...

My next post will be text heavy even for my standards: the 2 part product review I struggled with over a year.

That said, meet an older sculpt. Have you ever heard of The colour out of space, from H.P. Lovecraft? Well, then let me introduce you to the Flavour out of space.

Can't recall when I started this. It was just molten ice-cream scoops. I found him sitting around and decided to finish him up. Added the toppings, the cone  (made using a press mold) and an 80x80mm custom made wooden base. I'll be painting this soon, any ideas on how a flavour not existing on earth would look like?

||||

Mi siguiente entrada va a ser infernalmente densa en texto, se trata de una reseña en 2 partes que lleva atascada un año por no saber cómo enfocarla. Además trae transfondo. Muermazo.

Dicho esto, os presento un modelado viejo; lo debí empezar 3 o 4 años... Antes de nacer. Muy viejo. Le puse el topping, el cucurucho e hice una base en madera de 80x80mm.

Si os suena el color caído del espacio, de H. P. Lovecraft, aquí tenéis El sabor caído del espacio. Lo pintaré estos días así que, alguna idea de que pinta pueda tener un sabor que no existe?

11 comentarios:

  1. You come up with the craziest concepts, how wonderful the inside of an artist's brain must be.

    As for flavours, colourwise a translucent scoop of ice would probably be the craziest thing I can think of. But as this is crazy hard to do, I would just mix flavours that you think wouldn't match together.
    I once saw a crazy combination of pink and grey which I thought looked quite alien too.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hell no! 'The mind is a terrible thing to taste' :)

    Hats off. That would be awesome but I've learned brain tags stuff done wrong whenever it doesn't fit the standards.

    Translucent effect like cristals and gelatinous cubes is amazing but as you said, is mad hard to do right plus might be slightly unreadable.

    You gave me quite interesting ideas tho.

    Thank you sir.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. It's a really great concept and I look forward to seeing it painted!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thanks! I never got to taste blue ice-cream so I'm trying that route. Not sure but I think blue scoops taste like candy or maybe marshmallows.

      Adults should eat more ice-cream, I read myself and feel wasted. Just know strawberry, chocolate, vanilla and bananas!

      Eliminar
  4. Helado de sangre fresca. Existe el helado de sangre coagulada, morcilla, pero no fresca

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. La morcilla y el queso no pueden ser postres. No en Mi Libro.

      Me niego. Nuncaaaa!

      Bueno, le pondré sirope de fresa y todos contentos.

      Postre pal dios del postre!

      Eliminar
  5. Haha, that was unexpected! Love it. Hmm, what about an ice cream of stars themselves? Space effect on the surface, going crazy with transitions from blue to purple, and glowing stars all over. Totally absurd, yet readable :D

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Great idea, I'd take it if it wasn't for my next post (which features the stuff you described ;)

      It's almost done by now but with so so results.

      Zanquiú.

      Eliminar
    2. Fuck, I'm late then! :D
      (Anyway, that means that the idea was usable!!)

      Eliminar
  6. Brilliant work!

    Crucible was a brilliant game and it's a real shame that FASA shut up shop just after it first got released!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Haha, looks like that comment belongs to the crucible/rogue trader inspired demon.

      You are right, it even had an army builder app on CD included with the book. Fluff-wise it featured top notch stuff: basically the best demons, cultists (being a different faction)... Really interesting orcs,etc.

      I even have the human faction book. So sad all these games featured average minis so it all ended under GW monstrous financial boots.

      Eliminar